9 Great Reasons to Make Ship’s Store
Your First Stop in Sausalito
100 Bay St., Sausalito CA 94965 415-331-6008
This is a Sponsored Story written jointly by Ship’s Store and OurSausalito.com
Thursday, July 17, 2014: Novelist Charles Bush will discuss his new book, What Went Wrong with Oscar Toll? 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Ship’s Store in Sausalito. Wine, cheese and samplings from the new Olive Oil and Balsamic Tasting Bar will be available.
1. Whether you come by bike, car, sailboat or ferry, Ship’s Store is just steps away from where you’ll begin your visit to Sausalito. Our historic waterfront location is less than two blocks from the Sausalito Ferry Terminal and the downtown bike parking area, and we’re located next to the downtown Sausalito city parking lots.
2. We really do sit on a dock of the Bay, not far from where Otis Redding wrote his hit song “Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay” in Sausalito. Some of our best customers own boats within hailing distance of our front door.
3. Friendly people behind the counter will welcome you and answer any questions you may have about Sausalito. Looking for group tours to Muir Woods and other destinations? We sell tickets, and can help you pick the right tour for your schedule and your budget.
4. Want to charter a boat and go out on the Bay? Ship’s Store has relationships with multiple captains and a variety of vessels and can answer your questions about all the options.
5. Just want to get advice on a good restaurant so you can walk to lunch? We can help with that, too! Our team has been working in this location for as long as 15 years and we know all the good local spots.
6. If you’ve arrived hungry or thirsty and need a quick pick-me-up, we have ice cream, ice, sodas, candy and snacks in our cupboards and coolers.
7. Is the afternoon breeze turning chilly and you left your sweater at home? Is the California sun feeling a little too warm? Ship’s Store has a great selection of affordable high-quality hats, windbreakers and other clothing items you’ll wear for years, not just use once and bury in the back of a closet. We also sell deck-to-dock clothing, caps, gloves, boating supplies and more.
8. Stroll around the store and you’ll see unique Maritime Collectibles, many made by local Artists, that can add unique character to your home decor and provide lasting memories of Sausalito. We proudly feature hand-crafted original works of art made in the U.S., and we insist that all of our suppliers make their items themselves. None of the art under this roof is mass-produced in a distant work-for-hire factory.
9. We sell gifts, books and toys, so everyone in the family can have fun looking around the store.
Visit our website for announcements about the latest events and sales!
We look forward to welcoming you at Ship’s Store in Sausalito!
Google Map Instructions: Use the “+” and “-” buttons to zoom in and out, click and hold to grab and scroll the map, and the photo button at the lower left to see the satellite view.