Parking for Angel Island Ferry and Tiburon Ferry in Tiburon
There are five parking lots within walking distance of the Angel Island ferry pier (used solely by the Angel Island Ferry) and the Tiburon ferry pier (used by Golden Gate Ferry and Blue and Gold Fleet for service to San Francisco.) The two piers are only about 50 yards (45 meters) apart on Main St. in Tiburon. (See map below.)
Insiders Tip: In general, the farther you park from the Tiburon Ferry pier and the Angel Island Ferry pier (which are only a half block apart), the less money you’ll pay.
But here’s the catch: if you want to park cheaply you have to arrive 20 minutes earlier (or more) so you and your tribe still have time to walk comfortably from the lot to the ferry. If you’re running late or carrying a heavy cooler for an Angel Island picnic and BBQ, the close-in lot at the foot of Main St. in Tiburon is the most expensive but the most convenient choice.
Insiders Tip: Each of the Tiburon parking lots has different costs. Street parking is for a maximum of three hours in the area and the Tiburon Police enforce the parking limits efficiently — the cost for a lot is far less than the cost of a parking ticket! Unless you’re planning a very quick trip to Angel Island or San Francisco it’s better to park in a lot designated for ferry riders.
The five lot locations (from upper left to lower right on the map below) are:
- Next to the Tiburon Town Hall, which is at 1505 Tiburon Blvd., Tiburon CA, 94920
- Next to Chase Bank, 1535 Tiburon Blvd., Tiburon CA., Tiburon CA, 94920
- Next to Bank of America, 1601 Tiburon Blvd., Tiburon CA., Tiburon CA, 94920
- Point Tiburon Plaza Parking Lot,, 1701 Tiburon Blvd., Tiburon CA, Tiburon CA, 94920
- Downtown Tiburon Public Parking, 40 Main St., Tiburon CA, Tiburon CA, 94920
Clicking on the Google Earth box in the lower left hand corner of the map below will allow you to zoom in on the satellite photo of each parking lot.