Giants Ferry Service & Golden Gate Ferry Tickets to SF Giants Games
Giants Ferry tickets are available for all Giants home games at Oracle Park starting June 25, and continuing for the remainder of the 2021 season. Here are the key things to know:
- One-way tickets cost $15.00 for each person
- You can only buy Golden Gate Ferry Tickets to SF Giants Games online at tickets.com. Unlike other Golden Gate Ferry services you can’t buy the tickets at the machines at each ferry terminal or pier.
- Clipper Cards do not offer any discounts on Giants Ferry service.
- You have to buy two tickets for each traveler in your party if you want to ride round trip. The outbound trip from Larkspur will be listed on tickets.com by a specific time (e.g. 11:00 AM), while the return sailing will be something like “30 minutes after the last out.” You have to select one of each to build a round trip ticket.
- Kids ages 4 and under are free (and be careful to note that age limit, since other services around the Bay are free for 5 and under, 6 and under etc. and it can cause problems if we get confused)
- Kids need to be registered at least 2 business days in advance (do this well in advance if you can) for those free kid tickets AFTER you buy your adult tickets via a different website (see details below)
- If you miss your Giants ferry you can still use that ferry ticket the same day. Giants ferries depart 30 minutes after the last pitch of each game. See details under “Insider Tip” below.
- Masks are still required on board all Golden Gate ferries and buses
One of the greatest signs that the pandemic is waning is that Golden Gate Ferry tickets to SF Giants games have now returned! Not to mention that Oracle Park will be returning to full capacity as of Friday June 25, 2021. That date is the kickoff for the first mid-summer game of the traditional Bay Bridge Series between the Giants and the A’s.
Insider Tip: You can use Giants Ferry Tickets to Oracle Park on regular Larkspur sailings to the Ferry Building on the same day as the game ferry ticket you bought. If you miss your Giants ferry in either direction, this lets you catch a regular ferry (and get value from that $15 ferry ticket) if you walk or take Muni between the Ferry Building and Oracle Park.
But a regular Larkspur ticket to San Francisco is cheaper and is eligible for Clipper Card discounts. This benefit is an emergency backup rather than a routine alternative.
Insider Tip: Giants Ferry service to Larkspur departs 30 minutes after the end of each game. I’m one of those baseball fans who likes to stay for the last pitch of the game, even if we’re up by 12 runs or down by 6. If the crowd is still big in the 9th inning, fans seated in the Club Level, Field Club, and Lower Box Seats may have to hurry to get through the crowd to reach the ferry before it departs.
The season ticket holders’ trick: If you can, exit the ballpark with the Lefty O’Doul Gate (near the Lefty O’Doul Bridge) or the Marina Gate (in Center Field). From there you’ll have a short walk to the Giants Golden Gate Ferry pier for the return trip to Larkspur. Don’t assume it’s fastest to leave via the closest gate — moving towards the ferry pier inside the park is more direct than working your way around the park perimeter to the ferry pier while navigating the throngs outside.
A great map of the Oracle Park gate locations is here. Scroll down to the “Transportation” section of the page to see it. More ballpark information is here.
And, since this is OurSausalito.com, we’re sad to report that there is no Giants ferry Sausalito service!
How to Register a Child Aged 4 or Younger for a Free Ferry Ticket to a Game
Insiders Tip: The Giants ferry service is built around riders staying till the end of each baseball game. As a parent I can tell you that kids age 4 and under rarely make it to the ninth inning. Hanging around waiting for the ferry with tired kids is risky for parents who want to avoid meltdowns. Instead of following the bureaucratic process below, fans with young kids should make travel plans that make it convenient to leave the game early.
OK, let me walk you through this register-a-child part, since it contains multiple steps.
- Buy your Giants ferry tickets at tickets.com
- To register one or more kids, send an email to the Golden Gate Ferry folks at “FerryKids@goldengate.org”
- You have to include the words “Giants Game” and the date of the game you’re attending in the SUBJECT LINE of that email
- You have to add in the body of the email:
- Your full name, email address and phone number
- Which direction you’re traveling between Larkspur and Oracle Park, or if you’re doing a round trip
- How many children are in your group
Golden Gate Ferry says they’ll respond within two business days to confirm the kids’ registration.
The email confirmation serves as each kid’s “ticket” for the Giants ferry. Like any ticket, you need to print it and give it to the crew when boarding the Giants ferry.