Several different Sausalito webcams show the current view from downtown and from high above the Bay, and a CalTrans traffic came shows current conditions at Highway 101 just north of the Sausalito exit, near the off-ramp for Highway 1. Other webcams that we had included on this page at different times over the last several years are no longer being operated by their owners, probably because the salty air near the Bay is rough on electronic equipment.
1. Streaming Downtown Sausalito Webcam
The view below is a live feed from the Sausalito Yacht Club. Note: The time stamp is off by exactly 13 hours!
Click here for more views from downtown Sausalito with four different angles, including looking towards San Francisco, thanks to the Sausalito Yacht Club. This is a great webcam to get a good idea of the weather conditions downtown.
This webcam can be zoomed in and out, and has four different camera angles you can select:
- The “Alcatraz” button shows the Sausalito Ferry pier and (when a ferry boat is not at the dock) the skyline of San Francisco.
- The “Trident” button shows the Trident Restaurant and the shoreline of the Bridgeway Promenade in Sausalito. In the distance are the Marin Headlands, and just the very top of the north tower of the Golden Gate Bridge.
- The “Dock” button shows the dock at the Sausalito Yacht Club, with Belvedere Island in the distance. On a windy day the dock may be rocking and rolling.
- The “Spinnaker” button shows the Spinnaker Restaurant and the shore of Gabrielson Park in Sausalito, the site of the 4th of July Fireworks and the Holiday Lighted Boat Parade and Fireworks. In the distances are the hills where Tiburon and Mill Valley meet in the Strawberry neighborhood of Mill Valley.
2. Sausalito and San Francisco from the Top of Mt. Tam
KGO TV has a Sausalito webcam that looks down towards San Francisco from the top of Mt. Tamalpais. When clouds don’t obscure it the view from over 2,600 feet can be wonderful.
3. Highway 101 Webcam at Highway 1, North End of Sausalito
This CalTrans traffic webcam shows current Highway 101 road conditions just north of the Sausalito-Marin City off-ramp on the Mill Valley border. It’s especially useful for seeing how far traffic has backed up northbound during the afternoon and evening rush hour.
4. Sausalito Webcam: Sausalito Viewed from San Francisco
The webcam at Crissy Field has several different presets, one of which is Fort Baker. After choosing this option scroll a little to the right and zoom in and you’ll see a live shot of Sausalito from the angle above.